Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

I was kinda hesitant about this one because I definitely do not think Mexican when I think of lasagna but this was surprisingly yummy and easy to make. Once again I substitute ground turkey for ground beef... I do that all the time. I never buy ground beef anymore. Here ya go:

1 lb lean ground beef
1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp garlic powder
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (11 oz) jar salsa
2 cups water
2 c (16 oz) reduced fat sour cream
1 (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 c. (4 oz) shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions

In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the refried beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Heat through.

Place 3 noodles in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; cover with half the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles. Combine salsa and water; pour over noodles.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until noodles are tender. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with olives, cheese, and onions. (Scott isn't a fan of sour cream so I just put a little on my helping seperately)

2 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

This looks really good and easy! And, seriously, who doesn't like sour cream?!?!?

Audrey Spence said...

I know! To me sour cream is like cheese... I can put it on anything. He doesn't mind it but if he has an option he'd prefer not to have it. I just didn't put it on to be nice since I mainly made it for him that night. But it is really good. I was shocked. I was really afraid the first time I made it but knew I had to give it a shot and its really pretty dang good.