Monday, September 27, 2010

Macaroon crust pie

So this recipe was kind of a combo of other recipes I found. I was just looking for something to make and came up with my own thing. I of course don't have a pic because I forgot to take one so use your imagination :)
I started out with a round cake pan... don't know the size... its 8 or 9 in... hand me down from my mom.

I took 2 cups crushed macaroons (probably about 10 cookies from the great value brand pack) and mixed it with 1/4 c butter. Press that into the pan. (if you own a pie plate or tin... probably work better but closest thing I own is a round cake pan). Put in freezer for 15 min.

Then take 8 oz of softened cream cheese and mix it with a 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding package and 1 c. milk. Beat until its smooth. Then whisk in 1 c cool whip. Once crust is set put in crust and put in fridge.

While that's in the fridge take 3 semi sweet bakers squares and melt with 1 1/2 c. cool whip in the microwave (1-2 min... checking after each minute) Allow to cool completely. Once cool spread over pudding mix and let set in the fridge 2-4 hrs.

The filling and topping are supposed to be for a pb cup pie so you should add in 1/4 c pb with the cream cheese but I wasn't sure how pb with a macaroon crust would do so I took the safe route and stuck with vanilla. Surprisingly it came out pretty good. It's cool and refreshing... probably better for summer but I love cream cheese so I can eat it whenever and I love the coconut flavor of the macaroons.... yum yum!

No comments: