Thursday, August 26, 2010

My favorite things to clean with

So I'm kind of a neat freak. I have now developed a cleaning schedule for the week so I don't spend an entire day cleaning. Thursday is my day to clean our bathrooms. I have tried and tested a few products on our toilets and showers. When we first moved in our house was fixed up after being a rental. From the looks of the unfinished basement and some other things, it must have taken quite the beating and probably wasn't cleaned very well. We have hard water as it is and you could still see hard water stains. So I tried any and everything to help get rid of them. I've come down to my favorites. When I buy these I seriously get excited  to use them and see how well they work How sad am I... I get excited to clean. So here is my list. If you haven't tried them, you should. They are awesome and I love the way my bathroom looks after using them. First for sinks and tubs I use:
Kaboom foam-tastic. It sprays on blue then turns white when its ready. Its my new favorite....just barely pulled the lead from the arm and hammer oxy clean spray.
This is a good one too, to remove hard water and stuff. I loved it too but kinda like the foam spray better









This is my new favorite for toilets. I saw a commercial and got some at Costco. Its amazing. And it smells really good too. It smells like wintergreen mints. And it works so good. Highly recommend it.






I just had to share some of these with you since I'm so into a clean house. I've noticed a different spirit about our home when I keep it cleaner everyday. I feel like I'm in a better mood with our home being cleaner. I now sweep and mop 3 times a week, vacuum twice and dust twice. If you don't already I totally recommend splitting things up like that. It's easier to clean in between and things stay cleaner longer. So hope you enjoy my little review. Kinda sad I'm so passionate about cleaning but hey.... I like to clean.... its kinda my therapy... what can I say?

2 comments:

Missus Elle said...

I need to get better at spacing my cleaning out, though I think its funny you like the smell of your toilet cleaner. I like your advice on most of this stuff, being a new wife its weird figuring it out.

Audrey Spence said...

Seriously... it smells just like those lifesavers wintergreen mints. So good! Yeah, I like my schedule. It only took me over 4 yrs and a year old kid to realize I can't spend all day cleaning. But its so much easier now.