Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My rolled fabric flowers

So I showed you in my other post a craft I started. Well I have made some more and I'm working on Christmas presents now. I just got some amazing news that my nieces and nephew I haven't seen since August will be coming for Christmas. I still have pretty negative feelings toward my ex sister in law especially since she was going to take them to her parent's for Christmas. We didn't see the kids on Thanksgiving and they were going to go to her parent's who she used to be lucky to see once a year because her parents never wanted to nor made an effort to see them in years past. So I was confused why she'd be going there anyway. But for whatever reason something changed and my brother told my parent's that they'll be coming up this year. So him and my dad will meet his ex in Mesquite on Christmas Eve to bring them up. I hope the weather is going to be okay because that will be one long day of traveling. I'm just so glad I get to see the kids. So now I'm trying to come up with Christmas presents for them. I wanted to make my sister some hair stuff with the rolled flowers so I'm gonna make more for my two nieces. So anyway, I thought I'd post some pics of what I've made so far to show you my super easy Christmas presents. I still need to acquire some alligator clips to make hair clips but I found some headbands at the dollar store to use. So anyway... here's some pics:
 This is the one for my niece Cami. I'll probably make her at least 3 or 4 headbands and some clips.
This one is for my sister. I'm pretty sure she has a shirt this color so I went with it. I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Stinkin cute! You have inspired me...I need to get off my rear and make some of my own instead of buying them. They look amazing!

Audrey Spence said...

Hahaha... yeah its so easy. If I can do it you know you can. You know I'm not very crafty. It's hard to make them with Charlotte so I can usually only do a few a day but its easy to do while you watch tv or something if the kids are in bed. And walmart always has their scrap fabric section where you can find stuff pretty cheap. I think our best bites did a little tutorial thing on 'em too if you hadn't seen that yet.