Monday, November 15, 2010

Holy moly its been a while!

Yeah... Its been a long time since I posted on here. I've just been so busy. I've been helping coach our young women for volleyball and we made it to region! Yahoo! I had been working on shirts for them. Me and the lady I coach with wanted to get them nice shirts and we bought them these really cute neon colored knee socks. They're all different and mixed and matched. Then we bought lime green shirts and iron on numbers and then I printed our ward name off onto iron ons and put that on the back of the shirt. They look so cute and really set our girls apart. It took some time but its totally worth it. We have an amazing group of girls.

When I haven't been doing that or cleaning and doing stuff around the house I cook. I love to cook and try new things... I'm also trying to lose weight so I try not to make too many desserts or sweet things but have done a few things recently that are pretty good. I know I've mentioned that website http://www.ourbestbites.com/. My friend Megan told me about it and I've been hooked. They have great ideas and their recipes are tried and true. The steps are so easy to follow and they tell you if you can or can't substitute things and its just a great website. Well I had used their chocolate frosting recipe for cupcakes I promised my Sunday School class on Halloween. We celebrated everyone who had a bday that year and was gonna have one so my kids got to munch on those while we learned about Isaiah. It was sooooo good. I rarely make cupcakes but when I go again, I'm so using that recipe.

Another one I've tried is easy pumpkin crumble. I made it once to take to my parents. Scott loves pumpkin stuff. The next day Scott and I had gone to the store to get medicine because we were all sick and also picked up dinner. The half hour we were gone our dog ate the other half of the pan. Stupid dog. I made another one yesterday when we went down there. It's really yummy and their sweetened whipped cream recipe they have a link to in that recipe is really good with it. Super easy to remember too. For every 1 c whipping cream you add 1/3 c. powdered sugar.

I also made their classic banana bread recipe but added some chocolate chips. I had some really REALLY ripe bananas I needed to use. I hate to throw them out and was pretty sure I could use 'em still for banana bread. It turned out really good. I've made plenty of batches of banana bread and have never stuck with one recipe. It just never seemed right. I think I'm sticking with this one.

I also ran into a problem with some really good gala apples I had. I kinda lost track of how long I had 'em. We had had some pears and oranges at the time too and those were eaten up first and I noticed my apples weren't as crisp. Soooooo.... I made apple struesel bars. Those were quite yummy. I'm a big fan of almond extract. I love using it in french toast and glazes and pretty much anything. I think it brings back memories of baking as a kid with my mom. So yeah... this was a big hit for me.

Well I just wanted to post a little something. I really have no idea who reads this. I only have 2 followers and if those are the only 2 then I hope you guys try these... if you like that stuff..... because they are YUMMY! Hopefully I won't slack too much more. Later I'm going to try to post some pics of these things I made to make our home a little more festive for Thanksgiving. We hardly have any decorations for anything. I bought some more for Christmas last year the day after Christmas when they were on sale. I know we've only been married 4 1/2 yrs so we are still working on collecting junk :) I just like to have a little something festive.

No comments: